<body>
CaN bE mOrE uNdErStAnDiNg oR nOt?


People always say whatever happen, your family will be there for you and be understanding enough towards you. Is that always true? I really doubt so. When things goes wrong, have they ever spend some time and think about it than to start pushing the blame to others? Have they ever give people a chance to explain before they jump to any conclusions? Have they ever put themselves in my shoes and try understanding the situation I am facing? It's always about money. Haven't I contribute enough ever since I started work after my O levels? Even now I am still contributing to the family. I am not complaining. I am just asking them to be more understanding. Is that too much to ask for? When they need help, they will know how to ask me. When I need help, I can ask who? I didn't blame them when I got to give up my tertiary education after studying for 1 year. I understand the situation and accepted it. And now having been in the workforce for several years, knowing the need to upgrade myself, I told them I wanted to study. There were no words of motivations from them. Instead, they told me there's no need to study so much, considering the number of jobless graduates in Singapore now. I thought as parents, they should motivate their children in every way they can? I am not asking them to pay for my school fees. I am just asking for some motivation and approval from them. Is that too much to ask for too? Why people always seek their friends when they are troubled and unhappy? Why don't they talk to their parents instead? Now I know why. Because they freaking don't understand. They only know how to say the youngsters nowadays are ignorant and spoilt. I might be a problematic child when I was younger. But people do change. I am no longer that rebellious daughter of theirs but have they ever notice that change in me? I really doubt so. They are forever thinking of me as a good-for-nothing, undecisive, stubborn, narrow-minded, calculative and rebellious daughter. Go ahead and think what they wanna think of me. I will prove myself to them one day that they will be proud to have me as their daughter.




Sign Off With Lotsa Hugs & Kisses
At 2:41 PM on Wednesday, November 30, 2005