<body>
A sWeEt SuRpRiSe


Suddenly, I felt so fortunate and loved. I have a doting boyfriend, a group of close friends who love me for who I am and a caring family. Well, I always thought I am just an ordinary member in the family. Although I am the eldest, I feel that I am not showing good examples to my siblings. Picking up smoking at a young age, always stay out late and being rebellious were the bad image I protrayed in front of my family. I always feel that nobody understand me at all. I am just an outcast and people who befriend me are just out to make use of me. That's me and my feelings in the past.


After a few years, people grow up and their thinking change. So do I. Gradually, I have matured and realised life is afterall not so bad. It all depends on how I wanna live my life. I started to appreciate the people around me and the things they did for me. I am glad that I was given a chance to improve myself. It's really comforting to know there are still people who believe in me.


You all must be wondering what made me so emotional suddenly. Here comes the reason why. This is what I saw when I came home this morning on my table.


A present from my sister



It's an orange bangle watch



Nice, right?



A little birthday card with sweet wishes



On the cover of the card, not too sure whether you all can see, there are two arrows pointing to the words. First arrow was pointing to the words Slim! Slim! Slim! with the words "Your goal" written by my sister. Well,my sister knew I am very weight-conscious and always wanna slim down. Another arrow was pointing to the cartoon pig with the word "Me" which indicates my sister. She is born in the year of pig and she loves piggy cartoons which explains why she refer the cartoon pig to herself. Keke... In the little card, this is what she wrote...


"Hi! Surprised to receive your birthday gift so early? Hope I'm the first! No lah, give you your gift first in case you are not at home again. Haha... you know what I mean! I chose this gift & card specially for you! The gift can compliment your tan and the card suits you 100%! Haha... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"


I am so touched by this little gesture from my younger sister. It's really very thoughtful of her. Dear Jace, thanks so much for the birthday gift and early birthday wishes. I like the gift very much. And for your info, you are indeed the first one who gave me the birthday present and wishes. Thanks!




Sign Off With Lotsa Hugs & Kisses
At 5:11 PM on Wednesday, April 27, 2005